New & Humble Beginnings

As a wife, a mother and a hobbiest

July 02, 2006

Dylan's Birthday & it was a Dog Day Afternoon-
It was a rather uneventful day as far as birthday celebrations go. Dylan opted to have his birthday dinner at the Crab House for their "all-you-can-eat" shrimp. Chuck took the boys last Thursday, while I was out spinning. Dylan opened his presents late, the night before his birthday (because Chuck and I are light-weights). All he could think to ask for, for his birthday this year was for me to forgive his loan on the Archos Gmini he bought about 3 months ago. He had already saved $75 toward paying it off (which is slightly more than half the cost on ebay).
I had already purchased the DVD's of the Simpson's seasons six and seven

for my avid little Simpson's fan, so I forgave half his loan, which means it is now paid off.

The biggest surprise this year was his #1 requested birthday present
.........a book - yes, that's what I said, "book ". I'm not a bettin' woman, but I'd have bet, I'd NEVER see the day my son asked for a book as his main birthday gift (that's why I'm not a bettin' woman, I ALWAYS loose) anyway...... the book's name is, The Alphabet of Manliness, by Maddox.
I wasn't too sure it was a book I was thrilled about him having, but after reading a few small sections I determined it was harmless "humor" and I use the word humor cautiously. He was thrilled and it was the highlight of his evening. I really can't complain too much about a book that gets him to read during the summer. At the end of the day he told me it was a great birthday, so I guess we didn't do too badly.

Although I wonder if the little dogs we had over the house had something to do with him having as much fun as he had on this day.







My neighbor, Sheryl, had to leave town, so I am dog sitting for about 4 days. With my 3 dogs and her 2; I have had 5 - count them 5 - dogs in my house this weekend. What a blast!! Seriously, I love it! My husband - not so thrilled. Although a dog lover - not so much with the small dogs.






Sheryl has two of the most adorable Shih Tzu's, named, Bella and Rosie.
Rosie's little face could just melt your heart.

Bella is like the Chuck Norris of dogs. Nothing and I mean NOTHING is going to get in that dog's way. They are hysterical.

My husband and I have completely different feelings for dogs smaller than a German Sheppard or Lab. I love lap dogs (not fond of their yippy-yip bark), but I'm flexable if they'll be sweet and cuddly. I could sit and crochet with the little darling sitting right there in my lap. Rosie likes to climb to the back of the chair I'm sitting in and lay just behind my head. She is so adorable. Bella cracks me up;
I think her tongue is too long for her mouth. You never see her without her tongue sticking out.

Sheryl can travel anytime she wants – I’m happy to get my fill of these little darlings. :D

1 Comments:

  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Elisa said…

    Happy birthday, Dylan!

    You totally need a little dog to keep you company while you spin. What cuties!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home