New & Humble Beginnings

As a wife, a mother and a hobbiest

May 19, 2006

They all laughed –
I was introduced to the idea of spinning by mdfE, (my dear friend, Elisa) at a scrap booking crop in late October '05. I took one look at the fiber she had spun and my heart leapt, seriously leapt from my chest. I instantly knew this is something I had to do. I immediately put a Lendrum, traveling spinning wheel, on my Christmas wish list (mind you - I didn’t know how to spin). There was no doubt I was going to do this and I was going to love it. My actions over the next month and a half obviously convinced mlh (my loving husband) I was going to spin, because shore ‘nuf he bought me that sweet, sweet, spinning wheel (aka Sweetie) for Christmas.
My kids laughed as I opened her because I was crying the second I laid eyes on her. Actually, I think the tears started flying before I got the box completely open. Just knowing what was inside started the water works. She was beautiful, I didn’t know what to do with her, but I loved her already. I’d peak inside the box periodically, over the next few days, just to see her. Once the Christmas hustle and bustle was over - on New Years Eve - mdfE invited me over for a spinning lesson. It was my 17th wedding anniversary. How could I leave? How could I go learn to spin on my 17th wedding anniversary? Phhfffff! - It was easy. Wild horses couldn’t have kept me from going - and mlh knew it. He just laughed and said “go”. Without hesitation I was off. Sweetie tucked away, safe and sound, in her box and my heart a pitter-patter with excitment. Upon my arrival, I proceeded to open the box. Observantly, mdfE noticed Sweetie had never been completely removed from her box before (plastic wrap still intact). She laughed, as she said “I can’t believe you haven’t set your wheel up yet”. To which I replied, “I don’t know how, I was hoping you'd show me”. We both laughed, as she simply said , “amazing”! I realized it was pretty amazing. I had received a fairly expensive Christmas gift from mlh (who must have a lot of faith in me) and I had no earthly idea how to use this little honey, much less set her up. But he knew, he knew, I’d learn and I’d love. Once again mlh proved himself to be Mr. “right”.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lovely! Love the photos, especially the one of you & that great guy. Hope you keep blogging. ep

     

Post a Comment

<< Home