New & Humble Beginnings

As a wife, a mother and a hobbiest

June 25, 2006

Have Faith -
Yep – “ have faith ” was definitely the catch phrase of the crochet class I took yesterday at Anacapa Fine Yarns a LYS (little yarn shop) I frequent these days. The teacher, Anastasia Poland , found the pattern in the Crochet Me an online magazine, Issue 4; February / March 2005.
She requested permission from the pattern designer, Julie Holetz to teach the class using her pattern. In the name of education Julie granted Anastasia permission.

Thank you so much Julie!! This was a fabulous learning experience and I enjoyed this class far more than words can express on this blog.


The class was for an adorable crochet, kimono-style, baby sweater. This pattern is fabulous and it was easy-peasy, so long as you continued to “have faith” in it.

I’m here to tell you, I wouldn’t have ever completed this sweater if it hadn’t been for mdf, E (my dear friend, Elisa) (again) who is a “crochet goddess” in my eyes, [if you recall, she’s the one who taught me to crochet], as she was able to finish the sweater before she went home.

If I hadn’t seen the odd shapes this project took on during class, I’d have a whole lot of lovely yarn, and I'd wonder what could it have become - if I’d just “had faith”. Well.......I took my half finished sweater home and after dinner I started to work on it again. I was so hoping I wouldn’t forget what I had learned earlier in the day. I found myself repeating the words I heard over and over in class - “have faith". I had my doubts on more than one occasion, but I kept "the faith" and voila’ – my first “real” garment project (not an accessory, mind you) is complete. So I’m doin' what mdf, E calls the “happy dance”.

:D ......Yippee for me!!!

I can’t wait to make another one.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home