New & Humble Beginnings

As a wife, a mother and a hobbiest

May 24, 2006

What’s Mother’s Day like when your kids don’t play soccer?
I can’t remember. Every year on Mothers Day weekend our family is at a local soccer tournament. Chuck is coaching and ref-ing; I’m volunteering at a booth or popping in for a quick helping hand in the snack bar. The kids are playing soccer - a couple games each day. This year their team didn’t place, but they had a lot of fun just the same.Since Cory will be too old to play in the tournament next year and it will be Dylan’s last year, I may find out real soon what Mothers Day is like while not on the soccer field. Mother’s Day isn’t a total bust. My family lets me know they love me (that’s all I really care about). I’m not what you'd call showered with gifts but I have NO complaints. Chuck doesn’t disappoint - especially thse last couple years. Last year, I rec’d my dream camera, which allows me to take the pictures you see here. This year, I was completely surprised with a coo-coo clock. I JUST LOVE THAT THING. (Thank you, Elisa, for whispering in my husband’s ear). The two birds on the sides bob up and down as if to check the eggs in the nest between them. While the coo-coo bird comes out of his little door and coo-coo’s once for each hour displayed on the clock face and once every half hour. I absolutely LOVE it. Thank you honey, I love you.
What's not to love?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home