New & Humble Beginnings

As a wife, a mother and a hobbiest

July 05, 2006

Good Feet, Bad Feet, Good Feet-
In hopes that this might help someone else with a similar problem ~

I can't believe the problems I've been having with my feet lately. I started walking everyday, twice a day, for 20-30 minutes each walk. It wasn't long before my toes started to go numb. I assumed it had something to do with my back problems so I ignored it.

I needed to walk in an effort to increase my metabolism in order to lose 12 lbs for my gastric bypass surgery. I need to lose a lot of weight, as it is causing new health problems and aggravating old ones. Within 9 months of my back injury in August 1996, I gained 90lbs, and haven't been able to get it off. I have tried every exercise regime; aqua aerobics, weight lifting, elliptical machine, I hired a personal trainer, etc.... I changed how and what I ate; I did Weight Watches for a year and a half, I prayed Atkins would do the trick, then The Beet Diet, after that the South Beach Diet, you name it. The most I lost was 24 pounds and I always gained it beck plus a couple extra pounds.

For 2 years my doctor kept telling me to research the bypass surgery and consider it. My research was very positive and I made the decision to move forward and prepare for it. I was sent to UCLA Medical Center for classes to become educated on the surgery and to increase my understanding of what would take place after surgery and learn how to help myself succeed afterward. I was following the recommendations and jumping through all the hoops required by the insurance company. It was the walking that seemed to be doing the trick to get the 12 lbs of weight I needed to get off before surgery. I had one more pound to go to, then WHAM-O!! My feet couldn't take one more walk. Not only were my toes numb, but every step was excruciatingly painful. Even after being in bed all night I'd get up in the morning and as soon as my feet hit the floor.......PAIN, and a lot of it. It was difficult just to walk to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee.

This went on and on, long after I had stopped the walks. I have now gained the 11 pounds I lost back, plus about 6 extra.

I bought every kind of shoe I could think of to try to get relief. I tried..............Trendy shoes,




athletic shoes,

cushion insoles for my already comfy UGG slipper shoes,



spongy thong shoes,






microwavable bean bag bootie shoes (for around the house and in bed). I had tried everything – I thought.


Then my sister asked me if I had ever heard of Good Feet Store.

Two days later….. I have arch support inserts,which I can wear in my sandals, slippers, athletic, dress shoes, you name it. They are wafer-thin and AMAZING!!

When I was trying on the different varieties at the store they felt much like I was walking on a golf ball. It was annoying after a half hour or so. But I needed to break into them slowly (which is highly recommended).

My feet went from this;


Christmas 2005


To this; July 2, 2006.

They are finally back to normal as of yesterday, July 4th. Woo-hoo!!

It took some getting used to, but I really did have immediate relief. My feet are back to normal size and shape and I won’t go anywhere without my Good Feet insoles from now on.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! I'm amazed and heading for that store. Can't say I've had the problems you have but my feet tingle, fall asleep and hurt all the time. Thanks for the info.

    I'm so glad you're feet are feeling better. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home