New & Humble Beginnings

As a wife, a mother and a hobbiest

August 21, 2006

Finally -
I haven't updated in such a long time as I was informed my blog had a seriously SLOW loading problem. It has taken some time to discover the problem, but I believe I have it under control now and hope to move on.

Construction has been moving along VERY smmmooothly since my last post. All our water is where it should be and I have low floors and high ceilings. What more could I ask for in a new addition?

We have gone from this................................









to this..................
















and only 1 ((HOT)) month later.......................this as of today.










At The Fair I entered several items this year (which is a first for me) and even worked in the Handweavers and spinners booth as a "student weaver". What a blast I had learning.





Those who know are telling me I'm doing a great job for a newbie.
All I know is I've found another fiber art that I am in love with.
I entered 6 fiber items - and 11 scrapbook items. For all I took home Seven 1st place ribbons, Four 2nd place ribbons and five Honorable Mentions and one item that didn't get recognized at all. So I was more than pleased with the returns. I entered items strictly as a learning experience, not expecting to win a thing. I think what really made it so fun was the complete unexpected surprise of the wins. Woo-hoo!!! :D Good times!



The eye brow dilemma
continues. For anyone who knows me very well, knows, I have hated my eyebrows since I was about 12 years old. In the 7th grade I shaved them off.
I just couldn't stand seeing them in the mirror - I thought they were so hideous. Well I didn't help matters at all by doing this, because I had a problem with sections growing back properly and then couldn't shape them properly because I had bald spots. What a mess!!! I have decided I am going to turn 50 without an eyebrow fetish. I am going to figure one way or another how to get them the shape (or at least a heck of a lot closer to) the shape and distance apart that they should be. I have experimented with eyebrow pencils to get the shaping going, but I am leaning toward eyebrow tattooing for a permanent solution. I have a whole lot of research to do before I agree to such a thing, but it looks promising. This is closer to what I'm shooting for.

ALL Feedback is MUCH appreciated.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger Elisa said…

    Construction looks great! Glad you are back on line; did you figure out what the problem was? Happy Blogging! And Fibering!

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Opening your blog is a lot faster now.
    The construction is looking good. Very exciting!
    I say 'go for it' reference the eyebrow tattooing. It's something that's been bothering you for years. How cool would that be to wake up every morning and not have to worry about it? DO IT!

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I couldn't even figure out how to reply to let you know how much I love seeing your updates. You are so creative, and always bring a smile to my face reading these.

    I forgot to ask last night how the construciton is coming....

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had a coworker in her 50's who finally had her brows tattooed after years of penciling every morning. She loved it. Only thing, from what I've read, is that it fades faster than tattoos elsewhere. I say go for it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home